Sunday, January 30, 2011

Debt Free is the Way to Be!

My mommy always taught me never to discuss finances with anyone other than my husband or a professional (banker-type), but I have to get it out somewhere.
We filed our taxes last night, and in 11 days we will be (for all intents and purposes) DEBT FREE. No more car payment. No more loan. No more credit cards. We'll still have his student loans, but really, $60 a month @ 2% interest... yeah I think we can handle that.
It just feels so good to be able to build a savings account again, to put money into our kids' college funds, and GASP! Buy a HOUSE!!! Yippee!
We've worked for 4 years for this, and its finally coming together! Now we're on a budget because we want to be, because we want to save money; not because we're broke and living paycheck to paycheck. This feels right. This feels good :)

3 comments:

  1. That is great!!! Paying off stuff is the best feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join those ranks of debt free soon! One of our most prized enjoyments was buying our house! You will love the investment! Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That is so awesome Laura!!

    ReplyDelete