Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Step away from the cleaning supplies!

Ok, yes I've turned into somewhat of a clean freak. Somewhat! I haven't jumped off the edge of sanity into the land of Monk and his OCD. Not yet anyways =D
I spend way too much money on cleaning supplies however, and since I use them so often I was very happy when Jessica shared her recipe for a homemade cleaning solution. And yes, it does work quite well.
Mix together:

Half vinegar
Half water
Tea tree oil
 until you can smell it
Essential oil opt
One pump hand soap 

Oh and if you have a bug phobia like I do, it seems to deter the cockroaches. Worth its weight in gold just for that factor alone!
I have yet to use essential oils, but since I like the smell of tea tree oil (it smells clean to me) I'm in no rush to find it and buy it. The TT oil was $8 at walmart for a small jar, but a little goes a long way.

My next project is to perfect homemade laundry detergent. I may be a SAHM with no income of my own at the moment, but I refuse to be less than productive and I'll save money every chance I get. It makes me feel better and soothes my income lacking soul.

1 comment: